Department of Environmental Science
The Department of Environmental Sciences (EVS) is established in the year 2018 at Government Degree College, Drass. The Department is focusing to provide quality education in Environmental Sciences. This has become extremely important in view of increasing development-sustainability conflicts. The Department focus at the grass root level to succeed in making students and communities understand the complex nature of the natural and the built environments. Further, to acquire the knowledge, values, attitude, and practical skills to participate in a responsible and effective way in anticipating and solving social problems, and in the management of the quality of environment.
Vision: To be a leading and renowned Department for producing graduates through value based quality education with innovative means and collaborative interdisciplinary approaches who can address current and evolving environmental challenges for self-reliance, sustenance and betterment of society.
Mission: To develop, nurture and empower the students to their full potential to cope with the environmental challenges for achieving the sustainable development.
1) Awareness: to aware the students about the Environment and its importance and affect of human on the Environment. To create awareness among the people on environmental problems and conservation.
2) Attitude: To help students, social groups and individuals to acquire a set of values for environmental protection
3) Skills and Capacity Building: acquire skills for identifying and solving environmental problems.
4) Participation: To provide students and social groups and individual with an opportunity to be actively involved at all levels working towards the resolution of environmental problems.
Profile of Faculty Member
Contact no. 9484292890
Lecturer, Department of Environmental science
Government Degree college, Drass
• Bachelors of Science (B.sc), GGM science college, University of Jammu
• Masters in Science, University of Jammu