Department of Commerce
Department of Commerce had been started with the introduction of Bachelors of Commerce in 2020 at Government Degree College, Drass. Since inception, the department focuses on business studies and its practices so as to create a deep understanding of business through its academic studies and interaction. Our faculty is an interesting mix of extremely experienced individuals who are experts in their own respective fields and relatively younger members who bring fresh ideas and approach to the floor. Whatever is learnt in the classroom is directly applicable to working life and the marketplace. It emphasizes on an interactive teacher learner environment necessitated by the use of presentations, role plays, case studies, group discussions, educational excursions, and the use of e-resources in teaching of subjects like Business Laws, Accountancy, Income Tax, and Company Law.. The Commerce Department is active in organizing talks, discussions, workshops, outstation trips for holistic development of the students.
Vision: The Department of Commerce envisions Government Degree College to become rightful place for learning commerce education and a breeding ground for creation of human capital, leaders and entrepreneurs.
Mission: We strive to provide a conducive environment for students to excel in academics as well as equip students with necessary skills to become competitive and employable.
- To aware and sensitize students about the importance of commerce and management studies
- To nurture creativity and problem solving skills.
- To encourage students to have the vision and courage to initiate and manage changes.
- To instill a goal oriented and professional approach among students to become employable and responsible citizens.
- To constantly review the curricular and co-curricular progress of the students to adopt effective measures for addressing the challenges.
PROFILE OF THE FACULTY MEMBERS
SHUJAT ALI MIR: (Assistant Professor, Commerce)
Educational Background: B.Com, M.Com, NET-JRF & SET
- Worked as Employment Officer at DDE&CC, Kargil
- Worked as In-charge Assistant Registrar, University of Ladakh for 3 months
Contact No: 7006714789 E-Mail: Shujatalimir72@Gmail.Com